Monday, 7 September 2026

first day of school

divas, 

 I am so very tired, and it is only 8PM. I've decided I'm going to read a book in bed and fall asleep around 9PM, because I am so done with talking to people and bothering with anything. It is probably best I hibernate in my bedroom. But let's talk about my first day back at school.

I forgot how draining school can be. I'm sure it is because I became accustomed to the silence of my bedroom over the summer, and the soft clinking of mugs and the steaming of a coffee machine at my local cafe. I didn't even talk to many people. I was social with my friend group, caught up with a few friends but I wasn't talking that much. 

The first thing I was told as I walked into the school was 'roll down your skirt', and later I received a behaviour point for my shoes. I wasn't even an hour back, and I had already mucked up. Oh well.

My anxiety spiked the most when we went around the classroom and had to say something about ourselves. I was already feeling so anxious about being back at school, and I was scared people were laughing or judging me (they weren't), but it was even worse when I sat in silence whilst everyone was waiting for me to say something! I ended up saying I like playing guitar or something very simple. 

The fact that it was only a half-day and I felt that drained is kind of scary. Once we were dismissed, my friend and I hopped on the train to go to Covent Garden where we had plans to sit in this quite cool cafe. We didn't take the lift and walked up 197 stairs to the top, and we then realised how tired and drained we were, so we had some lunch and went back home. 

On a good note, next week is my birthday. I quite enjoy knowing I'm the oldest in my class, mostly because it makes me feel more mature than everyone else - which I so am. Some people are so emotionally unintelligent it sometimes scares me.

I have to go back tomorrow, wake up at 5:15AM and do the same all over again. I hope I get used to it, otherwise this year will be tough. My brain feels really overwhelmed at the moment, so I might let it relax by not going on screens for the rest of the evening !!

Good evening divas, and good luck to anyone else who went to school.

BYE ANGELS !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

angels ,

Today in Drama class, we learnt about Metamorphosis and Franz Kafka, and his views and ideas really stuck with me. He questioned why we, as ...