Saturday, 12 September 2026

cinema review

Angels ,

Today I saw 'Pressure' - a film following James Stagg, a Scottish meteorologist who was chosen to predict the weather for June 5th, and famously persuaded Dwight D. Eisenhower to delay the D-Day invasion. I would rate the move a solid 7/10. It was enjoyable, interesting and slightly cheesy, but not so much that it made me cringe (which most movies do). 

Stagg is a genius, and well-known around the country for his expertise. Irving Krick is an American meteorologist who has predicted weather in North Africa and America, but never in Europe before. Krick uses historic logs of weather to predict the future weather, which he calls is completely sunny and perfect conditions for an invasion.

Stagg, however, disagrees.

He finds storms heading to France, which would ruin the whole attack. Eisenhower and his team laugh at Stagg's proposal to delay D-Day until the 18th of June. After countless arguments and eternal persuasion, Stagg finally gets Eisenhower to delay the attack. Meanwhile, Stagg finds out his wife is missing. 

Bye, Divas ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

angels ,

Soon I will be updating this blog for the Autumn/Winter months, and I'm so excited ! I have really loved this summer 2000s vibe so far, ...