Sunday, 13 September 2026

consumerism

angels ,

 Can anyone who has visited the pink wall in LA tell me what is so special about it? I keep coming across videos of people taking photos against it, and is that all it is? A background for photos to show off to your friends? It is so ironic that the bins in this parking lot are full of Starbucks 'Unicorn Frappe' drinks. It is the illustration of consumerism. And they complain about the song, 'Ain't In LA', saying that Adela is saying people from LA are all the same. 

I just personally don't understand visiting such an iconic place with lots of other things to offer, but to just drive to a painted pink wall (you could probably find one locally) and take photos pretending it's 2016?? It makes me a bit sad, if I'm honest. It's another example of how social media and influence has destroyed our lives. The Unicorn Frappe, which my friend forced me to try, is disgusting. Be so for real, no one actually finished that drink. The bins on this lot, as I mentioned before, saw many Unicorn Frappes that hadn't been drank - and obviously purchased just for the photos. 

The pink wall in LA sits in a parking lot. It isn't even in an iconic area. 

Anyway, that was just my thought of the day. 

BYE ANGELS !!!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's just the nostalgia! The pink wall was such an aesthetic staple back when influencers were actually... interesting. Their over-saturated aesthetic feeds were everything; I loved watching Alisha Marie LOL. But the wasted drinks is actually sad... They could have just posed with a daisy chain crown and it would have been less wasteful :(

    ReplyDelete

angels ,

Soon I will be updating this blog for the Autumn/Winter months, and I'm so excited ! I have really loved this summer 2000s vibe so far, ...